During the UK lockdown, the government deemed pet stores as essential retail stores which means they are still open. So while you can still drive to the shops to grab essentials, online shopping is an option if you are unable to make it to the shops.
The Independent put together a list of pet shops that are still delivering during the lockdown.
- Pets at Home. NHS workers receive a 10% discount. Online orders are expected to experience delays. The shops are still open to visitors but with restrictions. https://www.petsathome.com/
- The Pet Express. Home delivery may also be delayed. https://www.thepetexpress.co.uk/
- Lily’s Kitchen. The site says deliveries are taking longer than normal due to demand. https://www.lilyskitchen.co.uk/
- Pet Shop. Features a subscription service as well as eco-friendly packaging. https://www.petshop.co.uk/
- Pet Planet. Pet supplies store. The store said its increased demand means more delays. https://www.petplanet.co.uk/
- Monster Pet Supplies. Be advised that demand is high. https://www.monsterpetsupplies.co.uk/
- Zooplus. The site says it is also coping with increased demand. https://www.zooplus.co.uk/
- Pets Direct. The site does not mention any delays in delivery. http://www.petsdirect.co.uk/
Pet owners in the UK have lots of options for online food shopping though they will have to likely deal with delayed delivery times.
In addition to the above pet supply stores, pet owners should also check if their favorite food brands are doing delivery in the UK.